Regulations on springboards (Diving boards) for inground pools
An inground pool can only be equipped with a diving board in the deep end, only if the diving board has a maximum height of 1 m (3 ft. 3 in) of the water surface. In addition, the depth of the pool must reach at least 3.05 m (10 ft.) with a clearance zone that meets the standards. An inground pool must be completely surrounded by a walkway lined or built with a non-slip material having a minimum width of 0.9 m (3 ft.). This sidewalk can encroach into the required margin for the pool.
Regulations on enclosures (fences) for inground pools
The enclosure is required for inground pools; the construction of the enclosure must respect the following conditions:
- Be at least 1.2 meters in height
- Prevent the passage of a spherical object 10 centimeters in diameter
- Have no fixture, projection or open parts enabling it to be climbed
- Be equipped with a self-closing and self-latching passive security device installed on the inside of the enclosure.
- A minimum distance of 1.2 m (4 ft.) should be left between the wall of the pool and the fence;
- A hedge or bushes do NOT constitute an enclosure.
- Must be installed at the same time as the pool.
To ensure compliance with these standards, a permit issued by the local municipality is required to build, install or replace a swimming pool or to erect a construction allowing or preventing access to a swimming pool.
It is the responsibility of the consumer to consult his municipality to validate the terms and conditions that apply.